Lorazepam is the active ingredient present in the medication Ativan and belongs to the benzodiazepine group of drugs. It is a prescription medication used for treating anxiety and seizure disorders.
What is Lorazepam?
Lorazepam is the active ingredient present in the medication Ativan and belongs to the benzodiazepine group of drugs. It is a prescription medication used for treating anxiety and seizure disorders. The patients suffering from any of these conditions could buy Lorazepam 0.5mg online as it acts on the central nervous system of the patient to produce a calm feeling. This medication enhances the effect of certain natural chemicals present in the body, helping the patient improve their condition.
What Does Lorazepam 0.5mg Do?
Lorazepam is a benzodiazepine which helps the patient by treating anxiety and seizure disorders. Lorazepam 0.5mg tablet when used acts in the patient’s brain affecting the chemicals present in it, which could be unbalanced and cause anxiety. This quality of the medication helps in improving the patient’s condition.
Lorazepam is available in three different doses 0.5mg, 1mg, and 2mg tablets in the market. Lorazepam 0.5mg is the lowest dose of this medication available. Lorazepam is a benzodiazepine which helps the patient by treating anxiety and seizure disorders. Lorazepam 0.5 mg tablet when used acts in the patient’s brain affecting the chemicals present in it, which could be unbalanced and cause anxiety. This quality of the medication helps in improving the patient’s condition.
The usual Lorazepam dosage ranges from 2 to 6 mg per day divided into different doses, where the highest dose is practiced before bedtime. However, the daily dosage could vary from 1 to 10 mg per day for different patients. The initial dose of Lorazepam for patients suffering from anxiety is 2 to 3 mg per day, while 2 to 4 mg for patients suffering from insomnia due to anxiety.
What is Lorazepam 0.5mg Used For?
As already mentioned, Lorazepam belongs to the benzodiazepine family of medications which is used for treating anxiety disorders. It might also help in treating seizures in some patients.
What Are The Side Effects of Using Lorazepam?
Now that we know the reason for prescribing Lorazepam let us tell you about the side effects it has before people buy Lorazepam 0.5mg with a prescription.
The patients abusing this medication could face serious Lorazepam side effects like:
- Dry mouth
- Loss of control or balance
- Lightheadedness when getting up from a lying position
- Fever with or without chills
- Difficulty speaking
- Blood in urine or stool
- Trouble sleeping
These are certain serious side effects of abusing this medication, which should be informed to the doctor immediately.
People who start using this medication might also witness certain common side effects of the drug-like:
- Change in appetite
- Blurred vision
- Change in sexual interest
What Precautions Should Be Remembered For Using Lorazepam Tablets?
The precautions for using Lorazepam tablets are:
- A patient should not practice Lorazepam if he/she has narrow-angle glaucoma, severe breathing problem, or myasthenia gravis.
- Lorazepam is not recommended for pregnant ladies due to its potential to harm the unborn baby. Ladies should consult the doctor for more information.
- Lorazepam could make the patient dizzy or cause blurred vision; thus, activities, like driving or using machinery, should be avoided.
- Before using these medication patients who are allergic to benzodiazepines need to inform the doctor about it. Since the drug could contain inactive ingredients that might cause allergic reactions.
- Alcohol should not be practiced during the treatment with Lorazepam. Mixing these substances might cause slowing of breath, and falling of blood pressure at a seriously low level, which could even lead to a blackout.
- People need to tell their doctor about their medical history, especially if they have any lung disease, mental illness, glaucoma, or substance abuse disorder, etc.
How Long Does Lorazepam Stay in Your System?
The average half-life of Lorazepam is around 12 hours, which means it would take about 12 hours for half of the dose to leave the patient’s system. A drug usually takes several half-lives to leave the body of the patient entirely. Thus it would take about 4 to 5 days after the last dose for the entire drug to leave the patient’s system altogether.
People can use our website and buy Lorazepam online with a prescription at cheaper rates.