Uses of Ritalin –
Ritalin is the name of the brand drug that is also sold by its generic name Methylphenidate. The drug is mainly used for the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD. The feature of Ritalin is to act as a stimulant on the Central Nervous System. With the help of Ritalin, a person will be able to keep his/her focus on an activity, control behavioral problems, and so on. A person may buy Ritalin online after getting a prescription from the healthcare provider.
The doctors mostly recommend taking Ritalin along with behavioral therapy. Furthermore, it can help in improving skills, quick learning, and organize tasks with much ease. Sometimes, a person can also be given a dose of Ritalin to treat Narcolepsy (a sleep disorder). Other than this, a doctor may also prescribe you Ritalin for different conditions.
The work of Ritalin drug is to increase the amount of dopamine present inside your brain. With this, the person will be able to accomplish the tasks within time and with complete attention. Not only this, but the drug will also stimulate the cortex, which is similar to the amphetamine effect. To know the proper usage of Ritalin, contact your health advisor, and take the drug as per the recommendation.
Ritalin Dosage –
The dosage of Ritalin depends upon the need of the person. A dosage prescribes for the dose that can have a maximum effect on your health with a lower percentage of drug dose. Specifying for a higher dose can cause side effects, which will have a negative impact on the person’s health. Therefore, you must buy Ritalin online after receiving the prescription from your healthcare provider.
The standard doses of Ritalin that can be given to patients as per their need are – 5mg, 10mg, 20mg, 30mg, 40mg, and 50mg. All these doses are available in extended-release and immediate-release form. Remember that the extended-releases versions are taken as around-the-clock medications. It means that you can take only one pill of Ritalin XR in the entire day. Similarly, the immediate-release form of Ritalin is to be prescribed when the person needs the immediate effect of the drug.
The Ritalin drug dose of adults differs from that of children. Also, children who are below the age of 6 should not take this drug. The typical dosage of Ritalin can be made 2 to 3 times a day.
You can take it approximately 45 minutes before having a meal. The average dose of Ritalin –
- For adults – 20mg to 30mg in a day. In some cases, the patient may require 40mg to 60mg dose in a day.
- For children – 5mg dose in a day. The dosage can be increased to 10mg after a week. Children are not permitted for a higher dosage. The prescription for children must not go above 60mg in a day.
The doctor may increase or decrease the dosage according to the condition of the patient.
Side Effects of Ritalin –
The side effects of Ritalin generally occur when a person does not take the dose according to the prescription. This medicine may have a severe impact on the patient’s sleep. If you are taking this drug for a while now, do not abruptly stop taking it. Doing this may harm your system and result in withdrawal symptoms. You must know about the side effects of Ritalin before you start using the drug.
Common side effects of Ritalin are –
- High body temperature
- Fast heartbeat
- Unable to sleep
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling nervous
- Reduced appetite
- Stomach ache and other problem
Severe side effects of Ritalin are –
- Pain in the chest
- Feeling numb in finger or toes
- Growth problem in children
- Skin turns yellow
- Trouble in breathing
- Uncontrolled feeling
- Symptoms of heart attack
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Mood changes
- Uncontrolled body movements
You must take precautions before you start with the dosage Ritalin. It is seen several times that when a person takes the drug following its guidelines, the side effects will not occur. The FDA has put Ritalin under the “category C” drug. It means that the medicine can cause risk to life is misused. Also, pregnant ladies or women who are planning to get pregnant must not take this drug. The harmful impact of the drug can cause harm to the fetus or the baby.
Here is a list of warning that you should follow to avoid the adverse effect of Ritalin. They are –
- People should consult a doctor before they use Ritalin for ADHD treatment. They must not take the drug for any other purpose without a prescription.
- Patients who have a history of – drug abuse, high blood pressure, or seizures must not take Ritalin dosage.
- Avoid foods that can interact with Ritalin and make the drug less effective. Such food items can contain Vitamin C, strawberries, tomatoes, broccoli, potato, fruits, and juices.
- Do not share your dose of Ritalin with any other person. The drug tends to make a person addict to its use.
- Older patients can experience side effects like – weight loss, chest pain, or trouble sleeping.
- Do not take Ritalin if you have – depression, Tourette’s syndrome, anxiety issue, or severe tension.